You’ve gotten your Firefox 3 download and tweaked it to speed up surfing speeds. After all, every second of time counts in our busy world today, right? Now we’ll teach you how to make use of those handy keyboard shortcuts to access the most commonly used functions with the click of a couple of buttons.
Click on for a list of the top 10 Firefox shortcuts we’ve gathered for you.
Top 10 Firefox shortcuts for keyboard
10. Ctrl-J – Open up the download window. All downloads that are loaded in Firefox are automatically logged into the download window, accessible via Tools->Downloads. Its a mighty hassle to always bring your mouse up to the menu bar just to check on the progress of your download though, so just press Ctrl-J to quickly toggle the download window.
9. Alt-D OR F6 – Quickly access the address bar to enter the URL of your favourite website.
8. Ctrl-T – Open up a new tab within the current window.
7. Ctrl-F – Open up the find dialog box to search through the text on the current page.
6. Ctrl-Tab – Alternate between the currently open tabs in the open window.
5. Ctrl-+(plus key) and Ctrl–(minus key) or Ctrl+Mouse Wheel Up and Ctrl+Mouse Wheel Down – Increase/Decrease the text display size on the current webpage(Perfect for reading that cunning fine text at the bottom of the screen!)
4. Ctrl-Up key and Ctrl-Down Key – Toggle between the list of search engines in the top right corner of the screen(Useful if you like to use different search providers)
3. Ctrl-K – Go to the search engine bar in the top right corner of the screen (Great when combined with shortcut number 4!)
2. Middle Mouse Button on an open tab – Close the selected tab immediately
1. Middle Mouse Button on a highlighted link – Open selected link in a new tab