Strategy games like Desktop Tower Defence, are fun no doubt, but this takes it up to a new level. Its hard to explain why Squares 2 is so addictive. Maybe its the zen-like simplicity of squares and circles hurtling through the screen. Maybe its the sound track that alternates between being annoying and catchy. Or maybe its just the adrenaline rush from trying to avoid those evil red shapes that just seem to home in on your mouse. But we’ll leave it to you to decide. The rules are pretty simple. By using your mouse,collect as many black objects and avoid the red ones.
Now for the point calculation system of the game. A black square will give you some points while a black circle could mean anything from decreasing your current square size to being in an invincibility mode, giving you free reign of movement to up your score..
Joining the deluge of recently released Asus products are 3 new entrants in the Asus Eee PC Series, the 903, 904, and 905. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to be bringing anything particular new to the mix, as they are mainly made up of the Eee PC 901′s innards stuffed into the Eee PC 1000′s casing.
What that basically means is that you will be getting a larger keyboard but also less optimal usage of front panel estate – because the 8.9 inch screen stays with a larger than usual bezel surrounding it.
We’re not sure exactly where Asus is headed with this production strategy of theirs. Sure, they hit the nail on the head the first time round with their low-cost affordable models, but >US$600 for a underpowered 8.9inch laptop when the same amount gets me a machine slightly larger with twice the power? I’m just not seeing the appeal here.
What do you think? Would you be interested in any of these new Eee PC models?
You’ve gotten your Firefox 3 download and tweaked it to speed up surfing speeds. After all, every second of time counts in our busy world today, right? Now we’ll teach you how to make use of those handy keyboard shortcuts to access the most commonly used functions with the click of a couple of buttons.
Click on for a list of the top 10 Firefox shortcuts we’ve gathered for you.
Top 10 Firefox shortcuts for keyboard
10. Ctrl-J – Open up the download window. All downloads that are loaded in Firefox are automatically logged into the download window, accessible via Tools->Downloads. Its a mighty hassle to always bring your mouse up to the menu bar just to check on the progress of your download though, so just press Ctrl-J to quickly toggle the download window.
9. Alt-D OR F6 – Quickly access the address bar to enter the URL of your favourite website.
8. Ctrl-T – Open up a new tab within the current window.
7. Ctrl-F – Open up the find dialog box to search through the text on the current page.
6. Ctrl-Tab – Alternate between the currently open tabs in the open window.
5. Ctrl-+(plus key) and Ctrl–(minus key) or Ctrl+Mouse Wheel Up and Ctrl+Mouse Wheel Down – Increase/Decrease the text display size on the current webpage(Perfect for reading that cunning fine text at the bottom of the screen!)
4. Ctrl-Up key and Ctrl-Down Key – Toggle between the list of search engines in the top right corner of the screen(Useful if you like to use different search providers)
3. Ctrl-K – Go to the search engine bar in the top right corner of the screen (Great when combined with shortcut number 4!)
2. Middle Mouse Button on an open tab – Close the selected tab immediately
1. Middle Mouse Button on a highlighted link – Open selected link in a new tab
If you like a website and would like to save it into a picture file for future reference, you would probably have to save the whole page via “File > Save Page As”. This method would no doubt save huge chunks of unwanted files along with it. The other possible alternative is to print screen multiple copies of the web page and save them using Microsoft paint/GIMP. However, this makes the process very tedious, especially if the page is lengthy. After some research using the mighty Google, theysaY has discovered one useful Firefox plugin dedicated for print screening the entire web page.
Adobe fans, would be probably much delighted with its new product Adobe Reader 9. Before you rush to download Adobe 9, let us examine some of its features. Apart from the pretty design on the surface, it promises much new features, amongst them is the new ability to work with the beta version of Acrobat.com. This is an addition to its arsenal of tools such as PhotoShop Express and its online media player, Adobe TV. If that’s not enough, you can now share your newly created screens and concepts using Adobe ConnectNow.
Have you ever wonder why you take relatively longer time to load your Firefox browser compared to Internet Explorer, even when on your brand new computer? Although Firefox can be tweaked more easily to speed up your Firefox, the extra few seconds of wait can be annoying at times.
Indeed, there is no myth to this question. Windows XP has simply been designed so that it will pre-load Internet Explorer(IE) during startup. Therefore, regardless how fast or new your computer is, Firefox will still load slower than Internet Explorer from cold boot. After researching on Google, I found out that it is possible to speed up firefox startup time. This is through the following steps.
Now it has come to the part of the month whereby theysaY will introduce some interesting games for relax. This time round, Optus Tennis Challenge is bound to bring you to the edge of your seat, not so much of the adrenaline part like Square 2, but the possible anguish moments that you may face when the tennis ball touches the ground because of an accidental sneeze or a momentary lapse of concentration.
The game is pretty simple. With clicking of your beloved mouse, try to make the ball stay in the air by having as many hits as possible. Notice that there is an option of submitting high scores but however to my knowledge it does not appear to be functioning. However, you can post your high score here to compete with others.