Gartner analysts also revealed that they expected the number of PCs in use to hit 2 billion by 2014, with a 12% annual increase, largely thanks to the surge in adoption rate in developing countries.
One of the greatest challenges that countries will also face in the future is figuring out how to safely dispose of unwanted computers. It is estimated that some 180 million computers, or about 16 percent of those in use globally will be retired. and up to 35 million will be “dumped into landfills with little to no regard for their toxic content”.
Its all well and good that you’re upgrading to the latest PC capable of playing Crysis, but do remember to dispose of your old PC more responsibly, k? Cos the Earth will love you for that.
Following on the tail of the announcement of the ATI Radeon HD 4850, it gets a bigger brother in the form of the ATI Radeon HD 4870, just announced today.
The HD 4870 is a dual slot card, PCIE 2.0, with 512MB of DDR5 memory and a clock speed of 725 MHz. The memory speed is 900 MHz, designed with 800 stream processors.
The games just keep getting prettier, and the graphics cards just keep getting tougher. The good thing is that the Radeon HD 4870 will only set you back about US$230, so we’ll be looking towards it as an affordable way to get your Crysis fix.
Strategy games like Desktop Tower Defence, are fun no doubt, but this takes it up to a new level. Its hard to explain why Squares 2 is so addictive. Maybe its the zen-like simplicity of squares and circles hurtling through the screen. Maybe its the sound track that alternates between being annoying and catchy. Or maybe its just the adrenaline rush from trying to avoid those evil red shapes that just seem to home in on your mouse. But we’ll leave it to you to decide. The rules are pretty simple. By using your mouse,collect as many black objects and avoid the red ones.
Now for the point calculation system of the game. A black square will give you some points while a black circle could mean anything from decreasing your current square size to being in an invincibility mode, giving you free reign of movement to up your score..
Joining the deluge of recently released Asus products are 3 new entrants in the Asus Eee PC Series, the 903, 904, and 905. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to be bringing anything particular new to the mix, as they are mainly made up of the Eee PC 901′s innards stuffed into the Eee PC 1000′s casing.
What that basically means is that you will be getting a larger keyboard but also less optimal usage of front panel estate – because the 8.9 inch screen stays with a larger than usual bezel surrounding it.
We’re not sure exactly where Asus is headed with this production strategy of theirs. Sure, they hit the nail on the head the first time round with their low-cost affordable models, but >US$600 for a underpowered 8.9inch laptop when the same amount gets me a machine slightly larger with twice the power? I’m just not seeing the appeal here.
What do you think? Would you be interested in any of these new Eee PC models?
You’ve gotten your Firefox 3 download and tweaked it to speed up surfing speeds. After all, every second of time counts in our busy world today, right? Now we’ll teach you how to make use of those handy keyboard shortcuts to access the most commonly used functions with the click of a couple of buttons.
Click on for a list of the top 10 Firefox shortcuts we’ve gathered for you.
Top 10 Firefox shortcuts for keyboard
10. Ctrl-J – Open up the download window. All downloads that are loaded in Firefox are automatically logged into the download window, accessible via Tools->Downloads. Its a mighty hassle to always bring your mouse up to the menu bar just to check on the progress of your download though, so just press Ctrl-J to quickly toggle the download window.
9. Alt-D OR F6 – Quickly access the address bar to enter the URL of your favourite website.
8. Ctrl-T – Open up a new tab within the current window.
7. Ctrl-F – Open up the find dialog box to search through the text on the current page.
6. Ctrl-Tab – Alternate between the currently open tabs in the open window.
5. Ctrl-+(plus key) and Ctrl–(minus key) or Ctrl+Mouse Wheel Up and Ctrl+Mouse Wheel Down – Increase/Decrease the text display size on the current webpage(Perfect for reading that cunning fine text at the bottom of the screen!)
4. Ctrl-Up key and Ctrl-Down Key – Toggle between the list of search engines in the top right corner of the screen(Useful if you like to use different search providers)
3. Ctrl-K – Go to the search engine bar in the top right corner of the screen (Great when combined with shortcut number 4!)
2. Middle Mouse Button on an open tab – Close the selected tab immediately
1. Middle Mouse Button on a highlighted link – Open selected link in a new tab
We all know how successful Wii is in the today’s market. The undeniable lure of using a motion-sensor joystick to maneuver your way around in the virtual reality is simply too attractive to resist. People from all age groups flock to grab a copy of the gaming console, not wanting to lose out in the hype. Just recently, Nintendo has released a new Wii add-on, a terrific news which is akin to adding an addition icing to the cake.
Nintendo unveiled a highly-sensitive motion controller add-on for its Wii system as it seeks to capitalise on its position as the global console leader. At the E3 games conference in Los Angeles, the firm showed off its Wii MotionPlus, which it promised would add more realism and depth to games.
Indeed, Nintendo apparently wants to let its competitors knows who’s the boss around here and i believe that the market share of trendy gaming consoles will be their’s to keep for long. With more exciting gaming titles coming up, there is more reasons for gamers to celebrate. If there is any doubt about its success, the new add-on will be a stabilizer inject to its already monopoly market.
With all the big news site talking about the launch of Intel® Centrino® 2 a few weeks back, the repetition of similar information can but only bores teenagers like us to tears.
Thankfully, I stumbled upon an interesting video upload on YouTube about Intel Centrino 2. It appears to originate from the korean version of Intel Centrino 2 website. If you are those who are into a genre of fantasy and futuristic theme, it will be a nice watch to kick start your day. Enjoy.